1. Always keep a watchful eye over your dogs when at the beach and keep them away from waves if they are not used to them.
2. Always clean up after your pets – don’t let them become a nuisance to others.
3. Ensure that your pet has a collar and a tag and that your contact details are correct. Your pet might be prone to becoming an escape artist in a strange environment.
4. To prevent dog dehydration, make sure that you take plenty of fresh cool water with you to the beach. A collapsible bowl is much better than trying to get them to drink from a water bottle.
5. The coast is the perfect breeding ground for fleas. Using a product such as Frontline®Plus or the new NexGard® chewable tablet, will assist in keeping your pets flea-free.
6. Prevent your naturally inquisitive pet from digging up areas where there could be broken glass, hooks or fishing line. Watch your dog carefully to make sure they don’t injure themselves.
7. Remember to rinse our dog off with water each time you come back from the beach to prevent the irritation of sand and salt on your dog’s skin.
8. To prevent your pet from overheating in the harsh sun, provide some shade. This will provide your playful and energetic dog with an area where they can cool off.
9. Entertain your dog by remembering to take toys such as tennis balls, frisbees and toys that float in the water to the beach. This will keep your dog active and entertained.
10. Ensure that you have your dog’s medication and updated vaccination books. In case of an emergency, ensure that you have your vet’s number or the number of a local vet in the area close at hand.
About Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
On January 1st, 2017, Merial became part of the Boehringer Ingelheim group. As the second largest animal health business in the world, Boehringer Ingelheim is committed to making the industry even better at improving animal health. With more than 10,000 employees worldwide, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health has products available in more than 150 markets and a global presence in 99 countries. For more information about Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, click here.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates presently with a total of some 50,000 employees worldwide. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2015, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 14.8 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 20.3 per cent of net sales. For more information, please visit www.boehringer-ingelheim.com or www.merial.com
MERIAL HELPLINE: 0860 MERIAL 0860 637425
Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim