Contact us for PawPaw Pet Insurance
Unit B16, Pinelands Business Park, New Mill Road, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7405
PO Box 38692, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7430
T 021 531 5882
For Pre-Authorisations please call 021 531 5882
C 082 464 9146 (a/h)
F 021 531 5855
KEY POINTS- ( FULL COVER: ILLNESS AND INJURY PLAN)
1. Premium: Dog – R284 Cat R198.
2. Age – Older than 8 weeks and younger than 8 years at inception.
3. Waiting Period – 30 days from the start date of the policy. Accidental injuries covered from the date of inception.
4. No Condition specific waiting periods – (unless specifically underwritten because of illness history).
5. No Breed related conditions excluded.
6. No Sub Limits.
7. No Annual Limit- Individual case management.
8. Policy Excess – 10% of every claim with a minimum R200.00 per claim.
9. Our Claims are processed within 72 hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policyholder as required.
10. Pre-authorisations (for non-emergency treatments) ensure that there are no unexpected shortfalls.
What’s covered by PawPaw Pet Insurance
1. Treatment for acute Illness and injury, This includes:
4. Diagnostic investigations
8. Chronic cover – with pre-authorisation and clinical treatment protocol. Additional premium.
9. Hereditary Conditions cover – provided it’s not pre-existing.
10. Supportive Rehabilitation (post surgery) – subject to pre-approval and treatment protocols.
What’s not covered by PawPaw Pet Insurance
1. Pre-existing conditions as well as any conditions that arise during the waiting period/ condition specific waiting period.
2. Boarding Kennels and Catteries.
3. Routine Care (de-worming, vaccinations, grooming, flea/tick treatment, prescription diets, etc).
4. Fertility & breeding (such as sterilization, artificial insemination and injuries resulting from breeding, birthing and birthing Complications).
5. Complementary Treatments/alternative treatments e.g. Homeopathy, acupuncture.
PawPaw Pet Insurance lifestyle benefits
PawPaw Pet Insurance now offers lifestyle benefits on the illness and injury product. What’s included:
1. One annual check up: Policyholders can now enjoy the benefit of an annual check on their pet. PawPaw Pet Insurance will reimburse up to R600 per policy year for an annual check-up. OR
2. Puppy socialization class: PawPaw Pet Insurance will reimburse up to R600 per policy year for puppy socialization or behavioral classes.
3. Cremation benefit: PawPaw Pet Insurance will reimburse up to R1000 in the event of a cremation claim.
KEY POINTS- ACCIDENTAL ONLY
1. Premium: Cat/Dog R120 (PawPaw Pet Insurance Accident Only Cover)
2. Age – Animals over the age of 8 years only at inception.
3. No Microchip, permanent identification or tattoo required.
4. No Breed related conditions excluded.
5. Annual limit – R20 000.
6. Policy Excess – 10% of every claim with a minimum of R200.00 per claim.
7. Our Claims are processed within 72 hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policyholder as required.
8. Pre-authorisations (for non-emergency treatments) ensure that there are no unexpected costs.
What’s covered by PawPaw Pet Insurance Accidental Cover – (For the purposes of this policy, an accident must be a direct consequence of at least one of the following)
1. Motor vehicle accident.
2. A burn or electrocution.
3. A fall from an elevated position.
4. A near drowning.
5. The actions of another animal.
6. A swallowed or embedded foreign object requiring surgical or endoscopic removal.
7. A snake bite.
8. An allergic reaction to an insect bite other than tick or flea bites.
9. Biliary (tick bite fever / bosluiskoors) is covered as an accident.
11. Or an accident is an event that results in.
12. A fractured bone.
13. A traumatic ligament or tendon injury.
14. Lacerations, abrasions or wounds.
15. A gastric torsion (Gastric dilation-volvulus).
*To be covered as an accidental injury, any diagnosis must be made within 48 hours of the time of the accident.
What's not covered under PawPaw Pet Insurance Accidental Cover
1. Any sickness, disease, infection or any change in a pet's health which is not caused by an accidental injury.
2. Any invoices submitted more than 60 days after the date of the last treatment.
3. The costs for any treatment for injuries incurred outside of the Republic of South Africa.
4. Any treatment by person/s not registered with the South African Veterinary Council.
5. Any allergic reaction to a vaccine or medication.
6. Any surgical items that can be used more than once. These are non-chargeable items.
7. The costs of any prosthesis, implants or transplantation.
8. Any injury caused by negligence. The underwriting manager of PawPaw Pet Insurance will report all abuse to the S.P.C.A.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PAWPAW PET INSURANCE!